Yoga and Ayurveda
Balanced You – Ayurvedic Health Consultation
You may already have some knowledge about yoga, but did you know that there are eight limbs to this ancient practice? While physical yoga poses are one of the limbs, there are others, including the
- yamas and niyamas (restraints and observances)
- pranayama (breath control)
- pratyahara (withdrawal of the senses)
- dharana (concentration)
- dhyana (meditation)
- samadhi (bliss or enlightenment).
In addition to yoga, there’s a sister science called Ayurveda, which means “the science of life.” Both practices have been around for thousands of years and are intertwined.
Ayurveda is focused on creating balance in your body and mind, bringing you in alignment with nature’s rhythms. This holistic approach views your body as an integrated system, utilizing various techniques like yoga, foods, herbs, and lifestyle habits as medicine.
By identifying your prakruti (constitution) and vikruti (current imbalance) during your consultation, we can recommend lifestyle changes that support bringing your body and mind back into balance.
Your Initial Consultation includes:
- 60-minute Zoom or phone consultation
- 30-minute follow-up (one to two weeks later)
- Email or 15-minute phone call to follow-up (two to four weeks later)
- These three meetings are all part of the initial consultation.
Private Yoga Instruction
One-on-one instruction can benefit all levels of students.
- New students may choose to learn about yoga can in a solo setting.
- More experienced students may want to learn adaptations and modifications for health concerns, injuries, or other limitations.
- You can also learn a short sequence for home practice or focus on a specific pose or area of the body.
- Classes are tailored to help you reach your physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual goals and can help you take your practice to the next level.
60 minutes – $140
Add $35 for each additional person (up to 3 people, total).
Or purchase a package of three 60-minute lessons for $397; add $97 for each additional person (up to 3 people, total).
30 minutes – $75
Add $25 for each additional person (up to 3 people, total).
Or purchase a package of three 30-minute lessons for $197; add $67 for each additional person (up to 3 people, total).
More than three people? Call to set up a private group yoga class.
Trauma-Informed Yoga Instruction
In today’s world, we’ve all experienced some level of trauma. We all react to it differently, experiencing a wide range of physical and emotional reactions.
Trauma-informed private yoga is designed to help students learn emotional regulation skills through connection with the breath and increased body awareness.
All parts of trauma-informed yoga classes are optional, helping you decide what is best for you. You learn to become comfortable in your own body, feel safe, and build resilience, promoting confidence and healthy relationships through this practice.
60 minutes – $140
Or purchase a package of three 60-minute lessons for $397
30 minutes – $75
Or purchase a package of three 30-minute lessons for $197
Virtual Yoga Classes
Check out the schedule and class descriptions here.
- Single Class: $15
- 5-class pass: $65 (valid for 3 months from purchase)
- 10-class pass: $125 (valid for 6 months from date of purchase)
- Class passes are individual passes and non-transferable/non-refundable.
- Class passes are not eligible for special workshops.